Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Think This is Worth Reposting

I had initially posted this on my myspace blog, but I feel this is a good one so here you go...

Original Post September 11th 2009

Today was like any other day, just about, I woke up to Jose calling me and telling me it was time to wake up.

" cause you so hot that i melted...." (alarm going off)

"HA HA", Jose

"ugh fuckers...im going back to sleep", Aly

it was 8am my time, meaning that it was only 6am where he was. i told him id get up and get ready for work, but i went back to sleep. i ended up waking up around 855 and calling my mom to tell her i would be coming in late, before 10. at 10am i get a call, "you went back to sleep didnt u?" my mom of course, uuugh ya i had i was tired and then it still took me another hour to finally make it in to work.

i cant say that this hardly happens because id be lying. i am lucky, my husband, not so much.

if im too sleepy from a long night or just out of laziness, i call saying im going to be late to work.
he wakes up to go run.

if im sick or just tired, i call in for the day and stay in bed.
he "takes tylenol and hydrates" but still has to go to work

i get news from a crying friend that shes having relationship problems
he gets news that he will never see a friend again

i whine and bitch about how i need to work out yet dont get around to doing it
he is required to work out

ill never be shipped over to iraq or afghanistan, and most of you wont either
he is being deployed next year, again.

i have people tell me im a life saver bc i made them a copy or put together something they needed 5 mins ago for tomorrow.
he tells me people tell him what he is doing is wrong

i never clean my apt (lol)
he has to clean every thursday

i dont think i could ever join the military
he is proud to be a marine

the list is endless of all the things i can do as i please compared to what he cant. i sit here typing this and complain about how cold it is in here then go out to my car and bitch about why my ac doesnt work and that im hot. he has to suck up whatever comes his way...

and this is what he chose to do.

just because today is sept 11th doesnt mean that only a few days out of the year we should stop and say thank you to the men and women who fight for our country so we can sleep in, call in, sit in air conditioned offices, go drive through when we're too lazy to cook, and bitch about anything to everything.

jose has always been a friend of mine since we were little and i couldnt be anymore proud of what he has become as a friend and as his wife.

thank you puppy, to you and your brothers who have stood by you and stand by you to give me the freedom to show up late to work, but not before stopping at chick fil a.

you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by AlysaFiesta is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.