Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Online Job...Again?

I remember the day I turned 18 I started buying lotto scratch offs. Actually I had been “illegally” playing with my grandpa since I can remember. I give him a dollar, he gives me a scratchy. I win? He cashes it and gives me the money plus most of the time another scratchy. Anyway, so I started buying some for my sister who couldn’t quite yet buy them for herself. Weekly Grands, her usual. $5 here, $20 there, nothing sometimes or just the $2 back were the usual prizes.
I was working at Papa Johns at the time because silly me, I thought I wanted a job! HA! How dumb. My mom kept telling me, “Aly what do you want a job for? You don’t even need one.”

” BUT I NEED MY OWN MONEY!!!!”

Gosh that was one of the worst ideas I had, so for a while I liked it and just like most things, I got bored. I dreaded going to work even if it was just for a couple of hours. “Thank you for calling Papa Johns, This is Alysa, How May IIIIII Help YOU?!” Ugh I was even starting to answer my cellphone like that. So I spent most of my time on my SideKick under the computer texting away.
Then one day I start looking through the observer and seeing that there are “make money from home jobs”. So of course, I want to do these. I’m not so bright, barely 18 and read for lots of money…FAST…FROM HOME!!!
Long story short, I did or tried everything from

1. Mail Envelope Thingy- Uhh… I think I paid like $10 and they mailed me this crap I was supposed to go and leave places and expect people to take one and mail it in?! That is not working from home! So I threw the stuff away.
2. Some “non” Fortune 500 Company- Oh gawd when I think of this one I cant help but laugh because I spent like $400 on this one and I got my own website, and business cards and this and that. Too much work and trying to push people into signing up for stuff etc etc, I dont know I didnt like having to force people to sign up. “Please please please, just do it, common grandma!!!”
3.Faulty WebCam Girl- This one was actually pretty fun, I went into a chatroom and pretended to be one of the girls that actually had a cam and i would just set up my profile with her pictures and info, talk to guys, convince them to pay the $1 sign up fee and once they paid, I’d block them and they would go to the girls webcam. $20 a hit was good, then they had to go and up the price of membership so it wasnt as easy.
4. I just got a normal not at home job. Chili’s, Payless, Bartending at Bennigans. Bartending was fun, Chilis was alright, and payless can kiss my ass.

Now, here I am once again. Crossing my little fingers and wishing with all my heart. “Oh let this work!!!” I’ve fallen victim once again to the online hopes of financial freedom thanks to the internet. The only difference. I’m not quitting my day job, this is now more of a hobby, and I actually am making some money. Its not hundreds or anything like that, but its something. My husband laughs at me and says I’m silly. We’ll see who’s so silly when I expand grow and conquer the internet. Heh heh heh heh heh heeeh (That was for you honey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by AlysaFiesta is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.